Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Boys Don't make me Cry

Oh my god, is there no justice in the world when a perfect power couple like Hillary Swank and Chad Lowe break up? Okay, let's look at the facts, I heard that besides playing a dude in one movie, Hillary Swank was the original Karate Kid. And Chad Lowe is the brother of Rob Lowe. But they always looked so happy on the red carpet- it just goes to show you that no matter how much power, money or fame you have, love does not come along for the ride. I guess Chad should have known something was amiss when his own wife didn't even thank him when she won an Oscar even though the network cut to him, tears of joy streaming down his face. But who left who? It's the age old question- are men threatened by successful mannish women or did Hillary leave him because he wasn't man enough for her? And if so could anyone be man enough for her? I have a headache.

Okay, now let's look at my friends Bonnie and Greg. Two different backgrounds, fell in love immediately. Greg runs off to save the world at moveon.org and Bonnie sleeps with a high powered lawyer. So what's the message there, don't try to do good? Bonnie knows I understand her situation and she felt betrayed that Greg spent so much time at work, but does that mean she had the right to betray him? And did she ever fall out of love with Greg? Cuz every time I see them now they are so super happy/lovey dovey. But keep in mind Bonnie is now pregnant so she's vulnerable again and needs Greg. So... maybe the sign of a good relationship is co-dependency and Hillary Swank should have seen Chad Lowe as a father figure or something to get the affirmation she never got as a child. Or maybe Hillary Swank should have been the mother figure Chad Lowe never had. Or father figure. Some of the best relationships I know are based on co-dependence.

Oh, I was on set of this indie movie yesterday, helping out this girl in the film department who promised to pay me if I was the "Production Assistant" of her thesis film. It was awesome. I see now why everyone wants to be an actor. I just sat around all day, ate free food and played with my walkie talkie. At one point one of the actresses was doing her scene, and she stopped and said, "What's my motivation?" to which my friend was trying to explain something about her character's "spine" or something; Maybe it was a movie about scoliosis- I wasn't paying attention but then I thought, what's my motivation? I mean, what motivates me to get out of bed in the morning besides my alarm clock or a guy in my bed? It can't be work, I hate it. School is sorely disappointing these days. I've started thinking about some, dare I say, philosophical stuff. See, when I was bitching about school to my friend who is a philosophy major, (I like to call him the Sexual Intellectual because he has glasses but is totally hot in that Clark Kent "Glasses are off, time to make love" kind of way) he said, "A fool's brain digests philosophy into folly, science into superstition, and art into pedantry. Hence, University education." I have no idea what that means but I think I need to figure it out.

And I may not understand relationships, but I think I'm beginning to understand love. Gracie Allen said to George Burns upon his proposal of marriage, "You're the only boy who ever made me cry, and I decided that if you could make me cry, I must really love you." Sophie cries about James constantly. She even told me she cried happy tears when they had sex. That I find disturbing but nonetheless, I'm beginning to understand this love thing a bit more. Because for whatever reason you are with this person, healthy/unhealthy, something about them untaps this well of emotion that most people you meet could never touch. And then you cry it out. I've never dated a man that made me cry. Unless he hit me, but that's different.

Maybe that's what was wrong with Chad Lowe and Hillary Skank- he could full on turn up the waterworks at a public awards show, whereas Hillary didn't even remember his name. Oh now it's obvious- she left him.

Bye, Bloggie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home