Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I Quit...You.

Okay, so I hung out with the girls last night, but after an already event filled evening they wanted to go bowling, and I just went home. I wanted to be alone and plus, my friend from the SAG committee has a DVD of Brokeback Mountain and I thought I'd go home and watch it. Great movie- not enough sex, but I liked it a lot. The problem with those "For Your Consideration" SAG DVD's is that every 30 minutes or so there's a crawl along the screen reminding you that this video is for authorized viewers only, so it ruins the moment to remind you that what you are doing is illegal. Luckily it was only during the dead-air space in the movie where they are just riding horses, but still. Great movie.

The part that wasn't great was when the 18 year old called and wanted to come over to "talk". I have been avoiding him for a few days because I told him I wanted to explore our relationship past sex, like, do we have anything in common? I just used that line because I can't tell him my friends made me sign that contract saying I wouldn't have sex for three months, but I guess this is part of the "learning" process; Sleeping with someone who I would also consider a "friend" or something. Guess what I found. The second I cut off the sex his ego went into a tailspin and he started acting like an asshole. So he came over and watched the movie with me. Of course he tried to have sex with me and I told him no. And then I had an epiphany- I really did just like him because the sex made me feel special. And now, he didn't make me feel so good. So I just turned to him and said, "It's like I'm Heath. Get it? I quit." I was kind of hoping he'd quote Jake and be like, "I wish I knew how to quit you." I think if he had said that I would have caved in and had sex with him. But he didn't. He cried a bit but I don't care. He's too young to understand. Wow, did I just say that? Does that make me old enough to?

Last night Jean had a date with like, a trillionaire, and it went really well. I am so jealous. Where can I find one of those? I tried to give her some advice but she got all huffy with me and was like, "I don't want your help" but later I know she took it because the date went great and my pointers are foolproof. Touch the hair + slow lean in x hand on thigh = I'm interested. Good for her; did I mention I was jealous?

Okay, so Sophie had a stupid corporate art show at Chase Manhattan, and that guy from SNL I met at that party was there! Oh, I worked that angle. I was like, "Hey, [You]" (I won't use his real name), "Remember me? This is my friend's work. You should buy it", and he did! Then he asked me to come back to his place and I had to say no... This contract is killing me. Then Sophie got his number. She better give me a commission on that photograph.

Bonnie is doing great but the move wrecked her. The apartment is so stupid it's retarded. I have got to stop using that word around her because she's pregnant and it is a very sensitive subject. I ran into Greg yesterday too, and he is just glowing. There's something about some men and babies. Like, there's guys who care and guys who don't. The guys who do are so into it you'd think they'd be willing to have the baby inside of them for 9 months. Then again most guys don't mind having beer bellies; it's a status thing. He was so happy but also kind of looked like a protective lion, ready to pounce if anyone got near his lioness and cubs. It's so feral.

Well, off to job #2. Did I mention I have my first assignment with the arts review website? I'm going to see this off-off-off Broadway play about these two guys. I hope they are cowboys.

See you, Bloggie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home