Monday, March 06, 2006

Three is the Loneliest Number

I had a conversation with this young girl at my bar yesterday about sleeping with two (or three) different guys at the same time. No, we're not talking orgy, we're talking seeing other people. She was in a conundrum- which one of the guys she's seeing should she sleep with? I was like, honey, they don't call it a tasting menu for nothing. I told her about the times I've done it. Sleeping with the one guy who you've been seeing but it's a casual thing, and sleeping with the guy you are properly dating. Her point was she would never want to know the guy she is sleeping with is sleeping with someone else. It's a territorial/health thing.

Hmmm... Even though Andrew and I aren't sleeping together (because of that dammed no-sex contract, thank you very much), I would hate it if I knew he was with another girl. And if you truly care about someone, why on earth would you even want to sleep around? Low self esteem? That's why I've done it. So my advice to you is this, unnamed girl, do whatever you want, not because someone else is doing it.

Sophie is driving me nuts with this surgery she's having. I am a little worried about her. I've seen enough Discovery Channel shows about doctors who accidentally leave instruments in patients during simple procedures, and then years later the patients go through metal detectors at airports and find out they have a footlong forcep embedded in their spine. So maybe I am a little nervous. But it doesn't change the fact that she currently has a grapefruit sized cyst on her ass and will need to sit on a rubber donut for weeks. That's pretty funny.

Jean has been acting all weird about Nathan. I think she finally found something wrong with him. I'll bet you he goes to the bathroom with the door open. I ask her how things are going and she just goes, "Fine" real short-like and changes the topic. Like in K-Mart a few days ago I ask her about him and she says, "Good. Wow, look at this decoupage." Jean loves big words but hates dollies. She bought three.

Off to Bonnie's tonight. I think she will cook again. Ever since she got this new kitchen and a baby inside of her she's been cooking up a storm. I hope she'll still have time to cook after the baby. I also hope she'll have time for her friends. I've read about new moms shutting off everyone they know because it's this weird Me-And-My-Baby-Against-The-World syndrome. Or maybe that's just Katie Holmes. PS I still think Chris Klein is the actual father. But much like how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop debate, "The world may never know". Oh yes, the Owl in the commercial says it takes three. But he bit the candy off.

Later, Bloggie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home