Saturday, February 11, 2006

Dramarama

There is so much ridiculous teenage drama at my bar that I am about to lose my mind. There's bartenders sleeping with other bartenders, and same said bartender also sleeping with the barback's friend on the side, neither girls nor barback knows about said bartender sleeping with other bartender, everyone looks like a fool. I am so glad I'm not a part of that anymore. I used to be, but now I'm seeing things a lot more clearly. I think having this other job has helped. I'm sick of deception; secrets make the baby Jesus cry.

It's been great at my writing gig. I reviewed my first visual art show and the Editor-in-Chief loved it. He says he might want to give me a bigger workload. I swear bloggie, if I could write full time I think I might actually be happy for even one second. I'd still have my monumental financial and emotional problems weighing me down, but at least I'd have a job doing what I loved.

Okay, remember when I said secrets make the baby Jesus cry? I do have a secret and I have as a result lied. Secret: I have a crush on Andrew at work. A REALLY big one. Lie: I told him I liked Dave Matthews Band because he mentioned he liked one of their songs. I was like, "I LOVE Dave Matthews Band!" The second the lie came out of my mouth I realized I really must like him. You know when you are trying to impress someone and you start lying about random movies no one has seen, just because you want them to think you're as worldly as them, like, you and Werner Herzog may as well be best friends. I hear people do it all the time at my bar on first dates, "I LOVE Death Cab for Cutie!" Bullshit, you just saw them featured on the cover of Hipster Weekly. But I mean Dave Matthews Band? That's bad.

Sophie figured out I had a crush because she noted it took me an extra half hour to get ready this morning. It would be fine if she just mentioned it but instead she threw her arms in the air, screamed at the top of her lungs and ran around the apartment waving a mauve scarf in celebration. "Sara likes a boy!" I'm seriously going to change the locks when she goes to yoga class today.

Jean came by my bar last night and managed to keep her top on. We had one of those discussions that friends have when they are so exhausted with their lives they just talk- about something and nothing in particular. I guess things are going well with Nathan. It's good to see her... happy?

Bonnie has been "phasing out" her casting work but is still waiting for the Dave Chapelle account so when she's not pacing the floor she's furiously unpacking and mumbling. I overheard her swearing into a box yesterday, "Who goes to Africa when they want peace and quiet? You have $52 million dollars, you can BUY peace and quiet..." I hope she is not too stressed out.

Well, tonight I don't have any plans. Just sit around, maybe. No, I'm not waiting for Andrew to call, we're just friends and besides, someone like him probably has a million plans on a Saturday night. So I'll rent a movie. I'll rent a movie about two co-workers who get it on. That narrows it down to Jungle Fever, What Women Want, Working Girl, Jerry Maguire, Secretary, Anchorman, Barbershop, Love Actually, The American President, Barbershop 2: Back in Business, The Good Girl, Laws of Attraction, Broadcast News, Intern, Pretty Woman and Big. Or maybe I'll just rent a horror flick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home