Monday, April 17, 2006

Internet...vention

I am officially obsessed with the internet. It's been a growing addiction since I learned about Google many years ago. Now I truly cannot live without it. If it were a choice between TV or internet, I'd choose the latter. You know why? Because you can watch TV on the computer. There's this thing called YouTube where you can view an endless array of random videos. You want to watch a cat talk? You got it. Anyone up for an SNL Digital short? It's yours. Hey, who wants to watch a webcam of some kid playing Nintendo? It's crazy.

I am also now participating in this online survey about bartending for this focus group study. It pays $100, so I'm all on it. It's a message board and they ask us all these questions and we respond. We can also talk to each other, and I am currently conducting a wild and public bulletin flirtation with one other bartender from Miami. Why? Because that's how I roll.

I have also used this damned thing to find out more about Sophie's little problem. Although I can't talk about it here, but Sophie, I'm getting you help. And I won't tell Jean or Bonnie.

Jean and I hung out yesterday. Well, I bartended and Jean hung out. I guess she got a weird piece of news about a friend of hers or something. We had a nice talk; sometimes it's just nice knowing that people understand/agree with you. And then we read aloud dirty limericks from this "Ye Olde Limerick" book my friend found on the street. I'll tell you, you've never lived until you've read the one about "Nymphomaniacal Alice" who did something tawdry with a phallice.

Sophie has been all up on my case about finding an apartment, and Bonnie is so preoccupied with this baby I feel like I haven't seen her in ages. I miss her. I hope we can all four hang out soon this week.

Okay, back to craigslist. Why do I need to check the missed connections section every five minutes? Oh, that's right... because I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home