Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Looking Up

I hate to jinx things, but everything is looking up. Greg is the father of Bonnie's child, Sophie is doing a lot better, Jean, for once, took control of a fundraising event and managed to have a good time (although the free liquor helped), and I GOT MY ROMANCE NOVEL OPTIONED FOR A MOVIE! Oh my god, you have no idea- basically they're going to turn it into a romantic comedy. They loved the storyline, about a young man who tries to rob these four college girls, and they catch him and put him in their basement as their sex slave. Except, well, they're changing it around a bit where instead of being a thief he is a hot traveling salesman who, recently out of a bad breakup, needs a place to stay and ends up as their new roommate in the basement. Wackiness still ensues, but it's not as dirty as my book. And that's okay. I've got cold, hard cash.

I can't wait to quit my bar job. Once I have the first check in hand, I am going to quit in the most creative way possible- I am open to suggestions, by the way (see comment section at the end of this blog).

It's funny, a lot has changed in the past year since I moved to New York. I managed to find a great group of friends, have had some crazy things happen that almost seem fictional had they not actually happened (hello, private visit to the Oval Office), and learned a lot about relationships with the opposite sex. For example, I'm worth a lot more than the heaping loads of cowpie I used to receive.

I first came here as a visitor; a tourist. My first memory of New York is looking up at the skyscrapers. I had never seen so many large buildings in one place at once in my life. Now I occasionally look up at the buildings because you'll always find something you've never seen before. Like, do you know that at the tops of most buildings there are invariably these awesome gardens? Of course if I was rich and lived in a penthouse I'd make a garden too. For now I have a basil plant. But like I said, things are looking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home